Moissanite Frequently Asked Questions
What is Moissanite?
Moissanite is a naturally occurring stone so rare that in the 90's researchers finally found a way to synthesize it! Moissanite jewelry available for purchase is lab created and more brilliant than natural diamonds!
Is Moissanite a diamond?
A Moissanite is not a diamond it is its own jewel with its own set of characteristics.
Is Moissanite a brand?
Moissanite is not a brand it is a lab created stone that has a similar look to a diamond but has its own set of chemical and optical properties.
Is Moissanite as hard as a diamond?
No, but it is an extremely hard stone second only to a diamond! It's durability is rated as excellent which means it will hold up to daily wear and tear.
Will a Moissanite fade or cloud?
No, a moissanite will not fade or cloud like a cubic zirconia or other diamond substitutes.
Can Moissanite have inclusions?
Yes, moissasnite can have small needle like inclusions but they are typically not visible to the naked eye and don't affect clarity.
Need to find your ring size? Park City Jewelers provides a free complimentary ring sizer to all of our valued customers. Simply click the link below, add the free ring sizer to your cart, and proceed through checkout. The ring sizer will typically arrive within 2-3 business days.
Order Free Ring Sizer Here
A Few Ring Sizing Tips:
- The average size of a woman's ring is 6.5 and men's is a 10.
- The ring should fit nicely and be comfortable to wear. Ideally, the ring will slide over the knuckle with relative ease while also feelings secure enough that it won't fall off.
- The best time to size a ring is when your fingers are warm. Finger size changes according to temperature with cold fingers being smaller than warm fingers.
- Once you think you've found the right size, try a half size larger or smaller to see how that feels.
- Keep in mind that wider bands are going to fit tighter than smaller bands.
Ring Size FAQ
- What if I Get the Wrong Ring Size?
Many of our rings can be sized one size up or down from its current size. We offer one free complimentary ring sizing within the first 30 days of purchase. Some rings such as eternity bands, dinosaur bone, and tungsten cannot be sized.
-What if I Bought the Wrong Size, and the Ring Can't be Sized?
We offer a 30-day return policy on all orders. If you order a ring in the wrong size, and the ring cannot be sized, you can return the ring within the return policy.