Unique, Handcrafted Elk Ivory Jewelry
Many hunt… But few get an elk.
Remember it all: The brotherhood. The thrill of the hunt. The majestic elk.
You didn’t work that hard for just a memory. Commemorate your hunting victory
with a wearable trophy from YOUR elk.
Want to talk to a jeweler? Call 435-649-6547. (We try to sleep from 10pm-6am Mountain time.)
“To a hunter, an elk’s ivory represents more than just a tooth. It signifies a lifetime of hunting, memories, and days spent in wild backcountry with family and friends. For many, saving the ivories is part of an elk hunting tradition passed down through generations. The elk’s teeth are a trophy from the hunt… A way to honor the animal that gave up its life.”
Did you know…? Most jewelers take your Elk Ivory and cut it down to fit their mold! Park City Jewelers shapes your jewelry design around your unique elk ivory. It’s the natural shape you brought it in, but with an eye-catching frame cradling it.
Do you have your own Elk Ivory? We can use the ivory from the teeth in any fashion you want: from a powerful ring to a pendant, set or inlayed, we can design your dream piece.
Get your Elk Ivory Jewelry Checklist here so you know what to look for when getting your custom-made jewelry.
Elk Ivory FAQs
Which tooth will you use to make my keepsake?
We use the elk ivory, also called “buglers” and “whistlers”. These teeth are located on the upper jaw near the front of the mouth where the canines should be. Elk have no upper front teeth. They just have the ivories.
What’s the best way to extract the tooth?
DON’T grab the top of the tooth with pliers.
- Work around the bottom of the tooth on the root.
- Use a tough knife and cut down around the tooth.
- If you need to use pliers, use them on the root.
How should I ship it to you?
DO: wrap the tooth in paper towels or tissue paper and send it to us in an insured box via USPS or FedEx.
- Put it in an airtight container. The tooth needs a few days to naturally dry out.
- Send it in an envelope or you’ll end up losing it in the machines at the post office.
Where do I ship it?
430 Main St.
Park City, UT 84060
Or, BRING IT IN:
430 Main Street in Park City, UT.
We’ll give you a free tour of our manufacturing facility at our retail store and a warm, homemade cookie, too.
What happens to my tooth once it arrives?
- We cut down the top part of the tooth.
- We polish all the knicks and cracks out of it and bring it to a high gloss finish.
- We make your jewelry to fit your tooth. **Most jewelers cut your ivory to fit their jewelry.
- Each order is processed all the way through at our store in Park City. The tooth you send us is the tooth you get back. We don’t send it out. We do the work in our store.
What color will the finished tooth be?
- Most hunters like the natural tawny brown shade. If you want your tooth darker, we have a natural enhancer that will bring out the color.
I have a cool idea for personalizing my keepsake. Can you do custom designs?
- Yes. We can even customize the points on your antler’s rack.
- You can talk to the jeweler who is making your ring yourself. On the phone, or in person if you’re in the area.
- We can engrave your initials and the date of the hunt.
What kind of warranty should I expect?
- Lifetime warranty on workmanship. We’ve been making jewelry for more than 30 years. We are a brick and mortar store with an A+ BBB rating.
Why Park City Jewelers?
- We do all the manufacturing right in our store at 430 Main Street in Park City – your ivory never leaves the store.
- Your jewelry will be solid gold, not just gold plated. It will last through generations.
- We don’t just build jewelry, we build heirlooms.
- You want your grandkids to pass around this ring, talking about you, the mighty hunter.
What if I don’t have my trophy elk yet?
- Use one of our elk ivories. We are VERY picky about the ivories that we sell. In fact, we reject about 75% of the ivories that are brought to us.
Do you have men’s and women’s jewelry?
- Yes! The hunt is a memory for both of you. Remember the thrill of the hunt with his & her jewelry made from your precious elk ivory.
What should I expect to pay?
Why are your fine jewelry prices so great?
- The reason our prices are so low is that we own our building. Most jewelry stores have to pay a percentage of sales to the landlord. We bought our building on Main Street in beautiful Park City 20 years ago. We pass that savings along to you.